Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Coolest Den Leader EVER!!

Some background... this last week I took my cub scouts (I am over the Bears and the Wolves) sledding.  The hill we went to was pretty icy because it gets warm and then freezes, and warm then freezes...  Anyway... The boys were all going off a jump that was on the hill.  I made a deal with them that if they promised to pass off a bunch of acheivements for me, then I would go off the jump.  The following video documents my crazy adventure...  
(WARNING: DO NOT TRY IF OVER THE AGE OF 20!  OUR BODIES CANNOT HANDLE SUCH JARING)
When I landed my spine felt like it compacted into about half it's normal length, and because of previous injuries involving ice and my head meeting, I thought I was going to be in trouble.  However, my neck hasn't felt this good in awhile!!  Go FIGURE!!!  My wrist, however, took most of the impact and has hurt me ever since.  Good thing that I gained popularity with the boys, cause I'm not sure it would have been worth it otherwise.

2 comments:

Joann said...

Hahhaha that was awesome!!! Yes, it did look like your wrist impacted you as you landed and then lead you down the hill. Way to go cool den leader. By the way Love the song, I knew it sounded familiar.

tiff snedaker said...

LOL - you really got some air. Very nice :)

Hey- wondering if you would send me some baby shower cake pictures, ideas, etc? snedfam@gmail.com