Saturday, January 24, 2009

Adventure's in PARENTHOOD: the diaperless wonder

Generally I introduce my stories as "Adventures in Motherhood," but this story goes beyond motherhood.  This is a tag team mommy/daddy, Parent extravaganza.
It is never a good thing when you find your child, that usually wears diapers, without their diaper on but it is increases ten fold when the stench of poo is also in the air.  Let me explain...
I got home from work today, and the kid's were both asleep.  After about 20 to 30 minutes Elena started crying, so I went to check on her.  
The first thing that I noticed was that her diaper was off.  The next thing I noticed was that the room smelled like poo and Elena had an
 impressionistic brown design down the entire right side of her body.  If you look closely this design is also present in small amount all over her face.

Sometime between when she laid down for her nap and when woke up again, she removed her diaper, went poop, and 
proceeded to smear all over herself, the mattress, and the crib.  (No wonder she was crying when she woke up!)  















After one shower/bath, a good scrubbing, a bunch of bleach and a washing machine full of soiled linens we finally go the poo cleaned up.

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY:
If you are going to lay your kid's down for a nap, make sure that they have clothes on to keep them from taking their diaper off, so that you won't have your own story to add to the ever growing list of..."Adventures in Motherhood"

5 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

LOL - OH YUCK! Glad that wasn't me....

The Petty's said...

Don't get me started on poop stories. I have way too many of them. It is a good time cleaning that stuff up, hu? Don't you love the lingering smell that never goes away, even on your hands...Got to love it!

The Dipo's said...

It always amazes me that kids can go poop while they sleep... :o)

Unknown said...

It so bountiful

Unknown said...

It so bountiful