Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm a DISGRACE!!

Do you have any particular area in your family that if you make a silly mistake in that area then you will either be disowned, mocked through the eternities, or both? Well, in the Boyle family I have committed one of the cardinal sins. I proclaimed to the world (without a professional opinion) that my horses baby was a filly (girl). Well, after further examination (by one more qualified than myself) she is actually a colt (boy). For someone from a animal oriented family this is like saying that your own child is a girl when it is a boy, because animals are valued as equals. (ok, not equals but atleast family)
In my defense, the only time that I remotely had the chance to "check" the colt was when someone else held him on the ground and lifted his tail. In that position it is a little hard to see anything that would distinguish between a filly and a colt. Besides the guy that was holding him down felt around on his belly to find his umbilical cord, and didn't find "the goods" either, so I don't feel quite so good.
Thus ends my attempt at being a adequate member of the family... can't tell the difference between boy and girl horses, and I can't play basketball.... I'M A DISGRACE!!!

2 comments:

The Petty's said...

Way to go Brook! Dad is probably laughing at you from above!

Andy, Mary, Nate, Lizzie said...

LOL! We still love you, Brook!