Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Curse of 1st South



On Monday, March 31st, I (Dave...yes thats right, I am actually contributing to the "family" a.k.a Brook's blog) went to work. The night before it had snowed here again. When I looked into the rearview mirror I thought I saw ice on the windows which is not an unusual event during winter in the Arctic...oh, I mean Idaho. Anyways, I turned on the rear defroster and realized a few minutes later that the window was not changing. As I was driving 70 mph down the highway I took the opportunity to stare into my rear view mirror for several minutes (imagine what that must have looked like to the other cars on the road). I realized upon closer examination that the window was not frosted over but rather shattered into 14.8 billion pieces (I counted.) Anyways, after I got to work I looked at the window and realized that the large circle you see in the top picture is about the size of a baseball. We filed a report with the police mostly for insurance reasons. But I am convinced that this was not an accident. It may have been a random act of vandalism but nonetheless, not an accident. This latest incident only compounds the belief of myself and Brook that 1st South or 300 North or Highway 48 (depending on where you are at in the county) is in fact cursed and has a vendetta against us and our pets. The score thus far is road: 5*; Cederstroms: 0.

*We have lost 1 cat, 2 dogs, a truck tail light (stolen) and now a car window to this road.

2 comments:

Marshall said...

Ugh! So sorry - I can see how you thought it was just frosted over though....

Love the pictures at the top -what an adorable little family :)

Avry said...

Oh man that sucks about the window being broken like that. It makes me sick to think of the losers that don't have anything better to do than ruin other peoples property.