Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rigby 1st Ward: We Love the 90s!

For those of you who haven't been around, my life lately has been consumed by "The Roadshow."  Yes the infamous "ROADSHOW!"  For those of you who haven't ever been in a roadshow... BUCK UP!!!  It is a lot of fun, even if you do look silly!
This year our stake did Music through the decades for the theme, and our wards got The 90s.  We danced to lots of fun songs from the 90s including I like to move it (yes those of you who have children, it is in Madagascar, but it really did come out in the 90s), The Macarena (HEY MACARENA!), You Can't Touch This (Hammer Time!), The Boot Scootin' Boogie (YEE-HAW!), and I'll be there for you (Yes, the FRIENDS song).
Ella got to dance to the "Move it" song.  She will probably be very sad that she doesn't get to do her "Move it" dance anymore.  Evertime we have gone to the church (on a day other than Sunday) in the last month she has asked when we were going to "Move it."  She even made it a regular occurence to practice at home.  (don't be surprised if you sing the "Move it" song and she tells you to go to sleep... that's another story!)  Ella did such a good job, I am sooooo proud of her!  (She did get a little shy our first performance, but luckily her dad was close by to encourage her!)
I was so greatful for the FUN people that did the Roadshow with us, they were good sports and did all the crazy dance moves I asked them to do!!  Thank you everyone!!!

It has been a stressful few weeks getting the roadshow together, but now that is over I can't help but think about what it would be fun to do for next year... it is a viscious cycle, but for now I can breathe easy and have a little extra time to relax!

5 comments:

Avry said...

looks like fun!

Andy, Mary, Nate, Lizzie said...

I didn't know they still did road shows!Looks like you had a great time.

Jane said...

Hey Brook!
I'm now loving this blog thing. It's so fun to get on and read about what's happening with you guys.....and to see pictures as well! I'm pretty sure you've been tearing your hair out this past month with all of the stuff that goes along with a roadshow!

It sounds like Ella had a great time! I can't wait to see her dance to her song! What a gas! She'll grow up loving these kinds of things & that's great!

Now that you're free of the roadshow, get yourselves together and get down here. We miss you! Can't wait to see you!

Love, MOM C.

Payte and Sherie said...

Thanks Brook for all the hard work you went to for the Roadshow! I had tons of fun and I know everyone else did too. I hope you get some great R&R!

Chelsea said...

So fun. Our stake is doing a variety show this year, but I think a roadshow divided up into wards would be a hoot. I'm stealing this idea to bring up for next year.
Cute kids as always! Love ya!