Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Adventures in motherhood: Ella's mess

Yeah, so I learned a lesson about letting your 2-year-old play in the living room while you sleep today. I woke up a few times this morning, but Ella was playing nicely, so I thought "I can go back to sleep for a bit." When I woke up this is what I found.
If you cannot tell this is kitty food. NOT ONLY is it kitty food, but most of it is WET Kitty Food!

The red arrows in these pictures are pointing to the layers of salt that she poured everywhere. Hey atleast if we ever decide to taste Elena's car seat, it will be salted!!

Just when I thought the messes were all over....

If you closely at her legs, you will see they are covered in marker! Alas! (that was for you Mary) Another adventure in motherhood....

Editor's note: after this was originally posted, Ella ate half of a cake I was making for tomorrow...I'm glad this day is over.

6 comments:

Joann said...

AWESOME! I've made that mistake too. Trying to sleep while my children have endless energy and never want to sleep. I love how Ella is just wearing a diaper in the middle of winter. I though it was just my kids, and me not wanting to put forth the effort to put clothes on them if we're not going anywhere. I can get so lazy sometimes. How was cleaning up WET kitty food. Yuck!

The Petty's said...

That is what what you get for thinking to get enough sleep!!

The Petty's said...

That is what what you get for thinking to get enough sleep!!

Mickell said...

What a BAD girl!!!!!

tiff snedaker said...

ROTFL! Awesome post - gotta love the messes they make. She sure is mischevious....

The Kari said...

O MY GOODNESS! I am so sorry that your morning was so F-U-N :) But thanks for sharing it with the rest of us that get a sick kind of joy out of reading about that! :) Seriously, I'm still laughing :) I have to say that the last picture of Ella with the markers all over her legs had to be the funniest thing I have seen in quite some time. Again, thanks for letting me have some laughs at your expense! :)