Sunday, November 23, 2008

TWILIGHT

Last night I got to go with Lisa and our friend Erin to a huge TWILIGHT premere party in Pocatello.  For those of you who know me well, you know that I haven't read any of the books... (evil music fills the room as people prepare to burn me at the stakes) Lisa has had tickets to this party for a long time, but she talked me and Erin into going the week of the party.

The party was soooo over the top!!  We met at a church where they picked us up in a limo and took us to this huge house on the hill.  When we got there we got T-shirts and were ushered into the house.  While we were there we had some food, got vampire bite tatooes on our necks, and big on a silent auction.  Soon after this they picked us up with the limo again, and took us to the movie.  When we got to the theatre they opened the limo door and we got to walk up the red carpet. 
The movie was really good.  Being a "non-reader" (hello my name is Brook and I admit that I am a "non-reader") I had a lot different perspective on the movie than the people who had read the books.  I really liked it a lot.  I loved how Stephanie Meyers captured the innocent side of love rather than the sexual Hollywood version of love that is normally depicted in movies.
After the movie we rode in the limo back to the house where we ate soup and desert.  We had a great time, and we even made the news!!  Check out this video and see if you can find us in the film.



If the video doesn't work click here.

4 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Sounds like so much fun! You HAVE to start reading the books now :)

Avry said...

Boo hiss... you got to attend such a fun event & you had no clue what you were getting in to? That is not fair for all of us followers! I want a limo ride!!!

You need to go read the books!

The Cederstrom's said...

Get me your e-mail, Avry, and I will get you on the list so that you can go to the event next year.

Devony said...

You do need to go read the books! Was that you getting out of the limo there at the end? couldn't quite tell, but it looks like it was awesome!